|CHIEF MASTER SGT. STEPHEN A. LEBRUN|
Chief Master Sergeant Stephen A. LeBrun is assigned to Headquarters, United States Air Force, as the Air Force Weather Career Field Manager. He is responsible for manpower, utilization and training issues for all Air Force Weather enlisted personnel. He advises the Air Force Director of Weather on problems, concerns, attitudes, morale, welfare and effective utilization of the weather worldwide enlisted force.
He entered the Air Force as a helicopter mechanic and retrained into the weather career field in 1988. His deployments include Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm, Saudi Arabia and Iraq in support of the Army's First Cavalry Division, Operation Restore Hope in Mogadishu, Somalia, Joint Task Force Bravo, Soto Cano Air Base Honduras, Operation Southern Watch, Kuwait, Joint Special Operations Task Force, Horn of Africa, Djibouti, and Operation Enduring Freedom, Afghanistan.
Chief LeBrun was born in Camden, New Jersey and enlisted in the Air Force in April 1985.
1988 NCO Preparatory Course, Carswell AFB, Texas
1997 Associate in Business Administration, University of Maryland European Division
1998 Associate in Applied Science, Meteorology, Community College of the Air Force
1998 NCO Academy, Kapaun AS, Germany
2004 USAF Senior NCO Academy, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
1. July 1985 - Apr. 1988, Helicopter Crew Chief, 48 Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadron, Homestead AFB, Fla.
2. Apr. 1988 - Aug. 1989, Weather Observer, Det 22, 26th Weather Squadron, Carswell AFB, Texas
3. Aug. 1989 - Feb. 1990, Student, Air Force Weather Forecasting Course, Chanute AFB, Ill.
4. Feb. 1990 - Aug. 1994, NCOIC, Cadre Weather Team, Ft Hood AIN, Texas
5. Aug. 1994 - July 1997, Assistant NCOIC, USAFE Weather Support Unit, Ramstein AB, Germany
6. July 1997 - Aug. 2000, NCOIC, Weather Plans Programs and Requirements, HQ USAFE, Ramstein AB, Germany
7. Aug. 2000 - July 2004, Superintendent, 30th Weather Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
8. July 2004 - Oct. 2005, Superintendent 2d OSS Weather Flight, Barksdale AFB, La.
9. Oct. 2005 - July 2008, Superintendent, 2d OSS, Barksdale AFB, La.
10. July 2008 - June 2009, Manager, Current Weather Operational Policy, Headquarters United States Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C
11. June 2009 - July 2010, MAJCOM Functional Manager, Weather Division, HQ Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
12. July 2010 - Present, Weather Career Field Manager, Headquarters United States Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Army Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Army Achievement Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal with three stars
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Global War on Terror Expeditionary Medal
Kuwait Liberation Medal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Kuwait Liberation Medal Government of Kuwait
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Senior Airman April 1988
Sergeant April 1989
Staff Sergeant June 1991
Technical Sergeant May 1997
Master Sergeant April 2001
Senior Master Sergeant Jan. 2005
Chief Master Sergeant April 2009
(Current as of September 2010)