|COLONEL LOUIS V. ZUCCARELLO|
Col. Louis V. Zuccarello is the Commander, Air Force Weather Agency, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb. He leads more than 1,400 active duty, civil service and contractors at 24 locations around the world providing centralized weather products and services, including climatological and space weather support, to Air Force, Army, special operations, intelligence community and other Department of Defense activities. He executes a worldwide weather support mission that provides decision assistance to combat, reconnaissance, command and control, presidential support, treaty verification, and airlift missions directed by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, theater, and major command commanders.
Colonel Zuccarello was commissioned in 1985 as a distinguished graduate of the ROTC program at the Pennsylvania State University. He has commanded a weather group and an operational weather squadron and has served in a variety of staff and operational assignments at the Joint Staff, Air Staff, Air Force Weather Agency, Air Force Personnel Center, HQ Air Weather Service, 100th Air Refueling Wing and Air Force Global Weather Central.
Prior to his current position, Colonel Zuccarello was the Vice Commander, Air Force Weather Agency, Offutt AFB, Neb.
1985 Bachelor's degree in meteorology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pa.
1986 Squadron Officer School (Correspondence)
1988 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1994 Master's degree in meteorology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pa.
1997 Air Command and Staff College, Seminar
2000 Master's degree in military operational art and science, Air University
2000 Distinguished Graduate, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2002 Air War College, Seminar
2005 Master's degree in national resource strategy, National Defense University
2005 Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. July 1985 - July 1989, Assistant Team Chief and Team Chief, Special Projects Production Section, Air Force Global Weather Central, Offutt AFB, Neb.
2. July 1989 - July 1992, Wing Weather Officer and Chief, Strategic Air Command Special Support Cell, 100th Operations Support Squadron, RAF Mildenhall, UK
3. July 1992 - May 1994, Student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Pennsylvania State University, State College, Pa.
4. May 1994 - May 1996, Manager, Future Centralized Weather Programs, Headquarters, Air Weather Service, Scott AFB, Ill.
5. May 1996 - May 1997, Executive Officer and Headquarters, Squadron Section Commander, Headquarters, Air Weather Service, Scott AFB, Ill.
6. May 1997 - July 1999, Chief, Weather Officer Assignments, Headquarters, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
7. July 1999 - June 2000, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. June 2000 - July 2002, Director of Operations, 15th Operational Weather Squadron,
Scott AFB, Ill.
9. July 2002 - July 2004, Commander, 15th Operational Weather Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill.
10. July 2004 - June 2005, Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Ft. McNair, Washington, D.C.
11. June 2005 - July 2007, Meteorological and Oceanographic Operations Officer, Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
12. July 2007 - June 2008, Chief, Weather Resources and Programs Division, Directorate of Operations and Training, DCS, Operations, Plans & Requirements, U.S. Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
13. June 2008 - July 2010, Commander, 1st Weather Group, Air Force Weather Agency, Offutt AFB, Neb.
14. July 2010 - February 2011, Director of Operations, Training and Evaluations, HQ Air Force Weather Agency, Offutt AFB, Neb.
15. February 2011 - March 2012, Vice Commander, Air Force Weather Agency, Offutt AFB, Neb.
16. March 2012 - present, Commander, Air Force Weather Agency, Offutt AFB, Neb.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with silver oak leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with four oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 18, 1985
First Lieutenant June 16, 1987
Captain June 16, 1989
Major April 1, 1997
Lieutenant Colonel October 1, 2001
Colonel April 1, 2007
(Current as of March 2012)