|FREDERICK C. WIRSING|
Mr. Wirsing is Chief, Weather Operations and Plans, Airfield Operations Division, Directorate of Operations, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill. He is the command functional manager for weather policy, plans, requirements, resources, readiness, overseeing weather operations at 19 units, including the 618th Air and Space Operations Center. In addition, he is the Senior Meteorology and Oceanography Officer for United States Transportation Command.
Mr. Wirsing retired from active duty in 2006. He has commanded San Vito Solar Observatory, San Vito AS, Italy and the 15th Operational Weather Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill. He has held a variety of operational and staff weather positions at flight, major command, field operating agency and Office of Secretary of Defense levels. He also served as Inspector General and Director of Staff, 85th Group, Keflavik, Naval Air Station, Iceland.
1974 Bachelor's degree in biology, University of Notre Dame
1985 Master's degree in research meteorology, Saint Louis University
1. August 1979 - September 1980, student, basic meteorology program, Saint Louis University
2. September 1980 - August 1983, analyst, United States Air Force Environmental Technical Applications Center, Scott AFB, Ill.
3. August 1983 - July 1985, graduate student, meteorology program, Saint Louis University
4. July 1985 - May 1988, Chief, Environmental Simulations , Detachment 3, Headquarters Air Weather Service, Onizuka AFB, Calif.
5. May 1988 - May 1991, Commander, San Vito Solar Observatory, San Vito Air Station, Italy
6. May 1991 - June 1992, Geophysics Technology Manager, Space and Missiles Division, Headquarters Air Force Systems Command, Andrews AFB, Md.
7. June 1992 - August 1995, Weather Flight Commander, 412th Operations Support Squadron, Edwards AFB, Calif.
8. August 1995 - September 1997, Special Assistant for Space and Director, Current Operations, Headquarters Air Weather Service, Scott AFB, Ill.
9. September 1997 - February 1999, Director of Weather, Tanker Airlift Control Center, Scott AFB, Ill.
10. February 1999 - July 2000, Commander, 15th Operational Weather Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill.
11. July 2000 - May 2002, Inspector General and Director of Staff, 85th Group, Keflavik Naval Air Station, Iceland
12. May 2002 - August 2003, Assistant for Environmental Monitoring, Space Programs Division, Office of Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for C2, Space, & IT Programs, Office of Secretary of Defense, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
13. August 2003 - Dec 2006, Chief, Weather Division, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Directorate of Operations, Scott AFB, Ill.
14. January 2007 - December 2011, Deputy, Weather Division, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Directorate of Operations, Scott AFB, Ill.
15. January 2012 - present, Chief, Weather Operations and Plans Branch, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Directorate of Operations, Scott AFB, Ill.
(Current as of October 2012)