|COLONEL BRYAN E. ADAMS|
Col. Bryan Adams is the Chief of the Weather Division for Air Force Special Operations Command. In his current assignment, his duties include training and equipping weather forces supporting special operations. Further, his division is responsible for the standardization and evaluation of Active Duty and Air National Guard weather flights.
Colonel Adams has held a variety of assignment including Army support in Panama, staff positions at Air Weather Service, Air Combat Command, and the Pentagon, an Air Force Personnel Center tour as the Chief, Weather Officer Assignments, Executive officer to the Director of Weather, Director of Operations of the 15th Operational Weather Squadron, and Commander of the 23d Weather Squadron.
Colonel Adams graduated from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 1985 with a degree in Atmospheric Science. He attended Officer Training School, Medina Annex, Lackland AFB, Texas, and was commissioned on April 10, 1991. He earned a Master Degree in Public Administration from Oklahoma University.
1985 Bachelor of Science degree in Atmospheric Science, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
1998 Master of Public Administration degree, Oklahoma University
1. April 1991 - November 1993, Wing Weather Officer, Holloman AFB, N.M.
2. November 1993 - December 1995, Manager Centralized Weather Support and Manager Exercise Operations, Air Weather Service, Scott AFB, Ill.
3. December 1995 - November 1997, Commander, Army Operations Flight, Ft Clayton, Panama
4. November 1997 - May 1999, Squadron Operations Officer, 24th Weather Squadron, Howard AFB, Panama
5. May 1999 - May 2001, Chief, Contingency/Exercise Support, Langley AFB, Va.
6. May 2001 - July 2004, Chief, Weather Officer Assignments, Randolph AFB, Texas
7. July 2004 - May 2005, Chief, Career Field Management Branch, Pentagon
8. May 2005 - June 2006, Executive Officer to Director of Weather, Pentagon
9. June 2006 - June 2008, Director of Operations, 15th Operational Weather Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill.
10. July 2008 - July 2009, Chief, Specialty Team Weather, 623d Air and Space Operations Center, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
11. July 2009 - July 2011, Commander 23d Weather Squadron, 23d Air Force, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
12. July 2011 - May 2012, Weather Deputy Division Chief, Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
13. May 2012 - Present, Weather Division Chief, Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Army Commendation Medal
South West Asia Service medal with device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant April 10, 1991
First Lieutenant April 10, 1993
Captain April 10, 1995
Major February 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel February 1, 2007
Colonel September 1, 2012
(Current as of December 2012)