|CHIEF MASTER SGT. PATRICK T. MCGUFFIN|
Chief Master Sgt. Patrick T. McGuffin is assigned to Headquarters, United States Air Force, as the Air Force Weather Career Field Manager. He is responsible for manpower, utilization and training issues for all Air Force Weather enlisted personnel. He advises the Air Force Director of Weather on problems, concerns, attitudes, morale, welfare and effective utilization of the weather worldwide enlisted force.
Chief McGuffin enlisted in the Air Force and reported to Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, for basic military training in April 1985. His background includes numerous duties within the weather career field. His assignments include state side bases in Washington, Illinois, Nevada, Nebraska, Idaho and California. He also served overseas in the Alaska, Puerto Rico, Republic of Korea, and deployed to Iraq in support in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
1988 Noncommissioned Officer Preparation Course (John Levitow Award), Eielson AFB, Alaska
1997 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
1998 Associate's degree in weather technology, Community College of the Air Force
2000 Bachelor's degree in business information systems, Bellevue University (Dean's List)
2002 U.S. Air Force First Sergeant Academy Additional Duty Symposium
2003 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy (Distinguished Graduate), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Master's degree in business administration, Touro University International (Magna Cum Laude)
2007 Master Certificate, Six Sigma, Villanova University
2008 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2010 Command Chief Orientation, Lackland AFB, Texas
2010 USAF Senior Leaders Course, Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg College, Pa.
1. April 1985 - May 1985, Trainee, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. May 1985 - August 1985, Student, Weather Observer Course, Chanute AFB, Ill.
3. September 1985 - September 1986, Weather Observer, Det. 6, 5th Weather Squadron, Fort Lewis,
4. September 1986 - December 1989, Weather Observer, Det. 2, 11th Weather Squadron, Eielson AFB,
5. January 1990 - July 1990, Student, Weather Forecaster Course, Chanute AFB, Ill.
6. July 1990 - August 1994, Weather Forecaster, Det. 3, Air Force Flight Test Center, Las Vegas, Nev.
7. September 1994 - August 1997, Senior Space Environmental Analyst, Det. 3, 50th Space Weather
Squadron, Ramey Science Research Center, Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
8. August 1997 - June 2000, Team Leader, National Programs Operations Branch and Superintendent,
Meteorological Satellite Operations Branch, Air Force Weather Agency, Offutt AFB, Neb.
9. July 2000 - July 2001, Chief, Weather Station Operations, 8th Operations Support Squadron, Kunsan
AB, Republic of Korea
10. August 2001 - June 2005, Superintendent, Weather Flight, 366th Operations Support Squadron,
Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
11. July 2005 - June 2009, Chief, Weather Flight, 60th Operations Support Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
12. June 2009 - August 2012, Senior Enlisted Advisor, HQ Air Force Weather Agency, Offutt AFB, Neb.
13. August 2012 - Present, Weather Career Field Manager, Headquarters United States Air Force, the
Pentagon, Washington, D.C
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Army Achievement Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal with two devices
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border